Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hello St. Louis

After a long day of driving through rain, gale force winds and sleet, I have arrived at the NRA convention in St. Louis. With some snow forecast for tomorrow, it seems more like December than April. Despite the unseasonable weather, it is nice to be here and it is actually sunny right now. After checking into my hotel, a historic hotel called the Roberts Mayfair, I went out and looked around the convention center.

The center is really nice and looks to be a good place to hold the convention, and unlike last year, everything is in one area, so we won’t have to walk across the street.


Here is a picture of the entry to America’s Center with its NRA bunting:



Unfortunately, even though this is a NRA convention, concealed carry is verboten inside:





Here are the registration booths:




After my walk around the convention center, I walked around the downtown area and there seems to be plenty of bars and restaurants. I had dinner at a place called the Downtown Cantina and had a huge plate of Mexican food and a glass of Schlafly (a local microbrew) Hefeweizen. Excellent. The staff was friendly and the beer was cold and the service was fast. What more could you want.
I’m taking one of the NRA tours of St. Louis tomorrow with stops at the Gateway Arch and the Budweiser Plant. I’ll meet up with Denise afterwards and then we will go to the welcoming ceremony.

More then.

No comments: