Monday, October 24, 2005

A Blog Meme and Weekend Fun

I've never done a meme yet, but there's always a first time. I saw several blogs with the "How much is your blog worth" link and tried it. Now I can buy that .50 Caliber semi-auto Barrett and ammo. Woo Hoo. What no loans, no buyers?! I feel cheated.



My
blog is worth $18,065.28.
How much is your blog worth?



Seriously, this weekend Bill and I finally did some gunnie stuff. We checked out parts of southwest New Hampshire in preparation for the muzzle loading deer season. We found one spot full of deer crap, rubs, bedding areas and hoof prints. I think we might be hunting there next weekend. Unfortunately, there's only one way in and if the wind is behind us, we might see nothing more than weeds and trees.

We sighted in our muzzleloader and I was consistently putting a 300 grain .45 caliber bullet (wrapped in a sabot) in the ten ring at 100 yards. I think it's ready.

I shot my new Savage Model 11 in .308 Winchester. I'm still getting the hang of the Savage adjustable trigger. I'm getting shots in and around a 4 inch Shoot-N-See at 100 yards, but I think my rifle and scope is capable of a mono-hole. I will need to readjust its trigger. I might have it set just a little too light. At this point, it's a matter of practice and more practice, but I'm closer to having an accurate rifle than I was two weeks ago.

Finally, Bill and I shot our Mauser K-98. I bought it over six months ago and never got it to the range. It's a S/42 marked rifle built in 1937 with clear Weimar markings. It is extremely accurate and has surprisingly little recoil. I really liked shooting this gun.

I earned a sore shoulder, breathed a lot of Pyrodex smoke, jammed my hand once on the front sight while loading the muzzle loader, got cold when a front moved in, got wet with rain, but I had a glorious weekend.

No comments: