Wednesday, September 21, 2005

My Last Whine About My Lack of Posts

Once again I need to fall back to a now tired refrain: sorry for the lack of posts, but work yadda, yadda, yadda. To be fair to myself, I’ve had a lot on my work plate recently including travel. Taking it one step furter, I did some thinking and realized that I’ve written about those things that led me blog in the first place: my outrage at Massachusetts’s guns laws, the lying anti-gunnies, and the pure joy and zen of shooting.

Blogging is a great outlet, an escape valve if you will, for letting out the outrage. It lets the common man and woman yawp into the maddening storm and release one’s anger. No, I’m not quitting blogging, but I’m explaining that at least part of my recent lack of posting has been lack of knowing what to post.

I like doing essays rather than covering news. Other bloggers such as the estimable Say Uncle and Alphecca give a mix of news coverage and analysis. They and are great sources for gunnie news.

I plan to continue doing essays even if I have to steal ideas from others. I plan to post at least several times a week and maybe even daily, but I’m going to stop feeling guilty when I miss a day or two. Maybe I should start a blog for bloggers who feel bad about not meeting their blogligations (word shamelessly stolen from Lileks).

Meanwhile, I’m working on a real post that for later today. I have a "One From the Vault" idea that I will do next week. I’m sure that some luckless anti-gunnie will say or do something that will outrage me into another post. I’m also trying to get Yosemite Sam to put up more posts.

In summary, I’m still here. I plan to continue writing. I can’t promise posts everyday of any quality although I’m going to strive for it. I’m going to stop whining and feeling all guilty when I miss a day. We now return your computer to your regularly scheduled blog.

No comments: