Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Smile--We Won One

I'm attending a one-day conference today in Nashua, New Hampshire. It's almost a holiday for me because it shortens my commute by 25 to 30 miles.

I'm in the hotel's business centers checking e-mail and a news feed and guess what I see: a California judge overturned San Francisco's gun ban. I'm sure this is old news and every gun blogger has already covered it, but it is enough to put a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

The aptly named Proposition H would have meant that San Franciscans couldn't have owned handguns legally. The city had passed a similar proposition in 1982 (according to the article) and it too was shot down (pun intended). The state will not allow an individual city or county to usurp their monopoly on making gun laws.

The NRA and I believe the Second Amendment Foundation (not mentioned in the article) sued the city and now they've won. It reinforces my belief that NRA, though not perfect, is still a gunnie's best friend. Gotta run now.

No comments: