Friday, November 11, 2005

A Respectful Veteran's Day

I wish all of our readers in uniform, those who've been in uniform, and those who support our military a very good Veteran's Day.

I get Veteran's Day off. Ironically I am not a veteran, but Bill is and he has to work. Every year for the past four or so, I do the same thing. I go to the range by myself and I make sure that I am shooting at the 11th hour of the 11th day of this 11th month--the time and date of the Armistice that ended World War I.

I don't turn my range session into a ceremony and I don't make a fuss about it. But, I believe exercising my Second Amendment rights in a country that our veterans helped make free is a fitting tribute to them. After all, gunfire is used as a salute and with it I mentally salute our veterans.

So thanks to all you veteranss and soldiers for winning and protecting our rights.

No comments: