Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy (Belated) Thanksgiving and Update

Bill and I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had a fairly busy Thanksgiving, or at least I did. I made a traditional Thanksgiving feast even though Bill and I were they only people at the table. We had turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie--the works. That meant I spent a few memorable moments with my hands up a turkey's ass, but it's all good. By the time I finished, the kitchen looked like a mini-tornado that had taken everything out of cabinets, dunked them in old food, and dropped them all on the counters.

This is not the first Thanksgiving dinner we have by ourselves. Bill's family lives in Texas and mine lives in Idaho and that's a little too much "over the river and through the woods" for us to do on a four-day weekend. Even though we miss our families, we do enjoy each other's company a lot.

I've been quite busy at work this week, but here's the good news; my project is winding down and this week I put finishing touches on my deliverables. I've already received a performance award for my work. You can bet at least part of that award will find itself into a gun or lots of ammo.

With the end of my major project, I can concentrate a little more on the blog. You will soon see a few changes and better housekeeping; a few additions to the blogroll, a few more photographs, and other stuff we hope will make Ten Ring better.

So, thanks for sticking with us for about 11 months now. We've gotten a lot out of it and we hope you have too. Now, I gotta go and tackle that kitchen.

No comments: