Monday, April 06, 2009

Power of New Media

I have an example of the power of new media. Yosemite Sam and I have been blogging for about four years now. The Ten Ring has had a core of readers and I thank them for for their readership. Yesterday, SayUncle linked to a post I did on a TV show. Instapundit picked it up today probably from SayUncle. Now my SiteMeter is burning up. My first Instalanche. Thanks Glenn Reynolds.

So, we have a small blog and today we reached about 5,000 people and will be more by day's end. This new media has power and don't let newspaper editorialists convince you otherwise. After all, most of the newspapers have serious financial problems. One reason is that their readership is going to Instapundit and many other fine blogs. Newspapers lost out of new media, because they didn't act fast enough and when they did, they tried to force the old model on the new one.

Yosemite Sam and I used to post everyday, but due to new jobs, a move to the D.C. area, and other reasons we haven't posted as much. Still, there is good content here if you want to click around.

One regret, though, the post that Instapundit linked was one of those I tossed off in a few minutes unlike others that I have outlined, written, tweaked, edited, and then posted. It always seems to go that way.

No comments: