Wednesday, October 01, 2008

No Way, No How

Evidently some people in what used to be great Britain want us to eat less meat and dairy. Of course, they tie it into "global warming." Best defined as "the amorphous threat that will ensure we can tell you how to live." You know, that thing.

They tell us that we must ration meat and dairy to small servings. Here is what they would have us eat in a week:
  • 1 quarter-pound beefburger
  • 2 sausages
  • 3 rashers of bacon
  • 1 chicken breast
  • 1 litre of milk or 100g of cheese
I don't eat that much milk in a week, but I eat more cheese than that. As for the meat, that's about a day's consumption. I am back on a low-carb diet and losing weight fast--so there.

I'm a proud former liberal. I believed that gays shouldn't be hassled, that birth control was up to me, that I should be able to wear pants in church, that I shouldn't have to go to church at all if I didn't want to, and that racial and ethnic equality was right and fair. I still believe all that and more, but I no longer support these foolish progressives.

Everything they do recently has been a way to force you into something. Give up meat to save Gaia. Give up guns to protect the children. Pay more taxes to fight poverty. Don't drive a big car. Don't, don't, don't.

I'm tired of these people. I want them to go away and take their oppression with them. Leave me alone. As a song I once considered a liberal anthem said, "he can't even run his own life, I'll be damned if he'll run mine!"

As far as the anti-meat article; roll it in tempeh, texture it with tofu, sprinkle it with a few sprouts, and cram it where the sun don't shine. LEAVE ME ALONE!

No comments: