Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Cat's Out of the Bag

As you see in the previous post, Denise has decided to take a job position in the DC area and I'll be moving down there after I scrounge up a job. I resisted this for a long time, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. We will be keeping a residence in New Hampshire for the foreseeable future, because we need a relatively free place to shoot and recreate.

As Denise also mentioned, we are planning to move to Virginia at some point due to the better climate there for gun rights. But, related to that, I have a question for the DC area readers out there.

Is Maryland really worse than Virginia as far as gun rights are concerned?

Or more to the point, with the governor of Virginia pushing gun control and the Maryland legislature seeming to be less eager to pass gun control, are the long term prospects for gun rights actually better in Maryland?

Because, if it weren't for gun rights, we would choose to live in Maryland in a heartbeat. Taxes are lower and the commute is much shorter. The way I see it, Virginia is turning into a carbon copy of Maryland anyway. If this is the case, why should I spend an hour in traffic and make a considerable investment in a state that may end up just as poor for gun rights as Maryland. Also, did I mention those Virginia taxes.

No comments: