Friday, March 27, 2009

NRA Convention and Vacation

I haven’t posted in awhile. I’ve been too angry to do much more than useless rants. I’m angry that the new administration has suggested a renewed AWB, but glad that Pelosi (of all people) slapped it down. I’m angry that the economy is faltering, that Obama insults Special Olympians, and so much more.

Anger makes good rants, but ranting gets tiring after a while. I’ve ranted many times to Yosemite Sam and vice versa. I’m tired of politics, tired of fighting for gun rights—something which shouldn’t have to be fought for at all. So, I’m going to talk about an upcoming trip.

Yosemite Sam and I are going to the NRA Convention in Phoenix. It will be the fifth straight convention we’ve blogged about. We plan to make a road trip out of it. We’ll go to Amarillo, Texas and visit the Big Texan Steakhouse. I won’t attempt the 72-ounce steak. I love steak, especially Porterhouse, but I know my limits.

We’ll visit Tombstone, Arizona and NRA's Whittington Center and do some shooting. Then we will attend the NRA Conference and meet the rest of the bloggers. The way home will also be interesting.

We’re planning a long trip and it will be unbelievably good to leave everything behind us. I only hope that we’ll have no new politics or gun rights infringements to rant about with each other on this much anticipated vacation.

No comments: