Friday, April 21, 2006

Great Way to Reach New Shooters

Thanks to a little "other duties as required" work that landed on my desk, I don't have an essay or other hearty fare today. Besides it's Friday (TGIF!!!!!). I did see something though that made me stop and go "way to go, dudes."

The US Army Marksmanship Unit (USAMU) is full of great shooters in several disciplines. They are leaving their ranges to teach shooting to young people enrolled in a Trailblazer Adventure Program.

USAMU members will put on shooting demonstrations and provide hands on instruction. I can't think of a better way to introduce new shooters to the sport and do it in a way they'll never forget. Now I feel better about the taxes I'm paying.

Enjoy your weekends and I'll be putting up a new "One From the Vault" soon (possibly this weekend, but no promises).

No comments: