Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Weekend Things and Gun Auctions

How was everyone’s weekend? I had a pretty good one primarily because I didn’t have to work on President’s Day or George Washington’s Birthday or whatever it’s called today.

I know you’re thinking that Bill (Yosemite Sam) and I went out shooting. Unfortunately, we didn’t get to a range, not even an indoors one. It’s cold here people. The temperatures on Thursday and Friday were in the high 40s. They plummeted over the weekend into the high teens with an occasional foray into the low 20s. I also had great horking sinus problems thanks to rapid weather changes (I’m prone to sinus problems and if you are too, then you know that horking is a word).

As far as gunnie fun, we visited a gun store on Saturday and stocked up on ammo and cleaning supplies. I also participated in a gun auction at Gun Runner Auctions which Alphecca mentioned. I want to thank him for bringing it to my attention. You may want to check out the auction because about half the lots are still open.

I bid on a handgun and its auction ended last evening. I managed to place the winning bit even though someone tried to snatch it away at the last minute (thank heavens for proxy bids and a fast internet connection). I’m now the proud owner of a Model 1912 Steyr-Hahn, although it’ll be awhile before Gun Runner Auctions mails me the gun. I have a Curio & Relics license so it’s legal for them to do so (it shouldn’t be illegal in the first place, but that’s another story). I’ve wanted a Steyr-Hahn for awhile although I won’t be shooting it much.

I also read a book over the weekend that I’d thought I would mention. But because the post will be too long even by my standards, I’ll put up a separate post in a few minutes. I plan on jiggering the time so that this post will appear above the one that will be coming soon--so scroll down.

No comments: