Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Gunnie Art on Sale

I was thumbing through a recent American Rifleman (NRA's primary magazine) this morning before work. For those who like chapter and verse it is the January 2006 edition. On page 50 (again for those who like specificity in all things), I found an editorial about classic rifles shown in this Winchester poster from about 1954.

The poster came from an Internet store called Winfield Galleries. I went to the site this morning and really liked the artwork they offer. It features Winchester and Remington poster art depicting guns, hunting, and outdoors life. Here's another sample:

If you're looking for an ideal gift for a gun nut you could do worse than buying gunnie art. (I have no dog in this hunt, I just enjoyed a few minutes browsing art from a different time.)

No comments: