Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Transit Strikes and Big City Living

I was driving into work this morning with the radio on a talk/news station. I listened to news about the transit strike in New York City. Newspeople interviewed people who are walking to work, people who are staying home, and people who are driving to work. They sounded distraught, but knowing they had to cope. The strike will cause a mess.

This is one more reason I'm not a city gal. I was thinking while listening to the radio that city people have to rely on others too much. They have to rely on others for transportation, for food, for just about everything. Self-reliance may not be possible in a big city and for me that's no way to live. To paraphrase Patrick Henry, "Give me liberty and self-reliance or give me death."

Just a random thought for the day.

No comments: