Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Still Here

Hi all, sorry for the lack of goodness here since Thursday. Bill and I are still alive and well in the great white north. We've had a couple of situations that have ate up our time--I can't even blame work for this slow bloggage.

On Friday, my job let me out early and I got caught in the middle of one of the worst snowstorms I've ever seen. I was driving up a freeway going about ten miles an hour with maybe thirty yards visibility. It was the first time I've seen people stopped in travel lanes to clear ice and snow from their windshields. The roads had been plowed and treated, but the plows couldn't keep up with the snow fall. My commute home is usually about 50 minutes, but on Friday it took me 2 and a quarter hours to get home. Because I was so snow-frazzled, no gunnie goodness was posted herein.

On Saturday, I picked up a relative who's here for a "snow" visit. She lives in Florida and she's had serious temperature shock. I've been reliving old times with her, shopping and having fun.

Today, I took her shooting for the first time in her 20 years of life. You can believe me when I tell you that we have a new member of the Nation of Riflemen. And, even better--she's a natural.

I started her on a .22 Beretta Neos, then moved to a 9mm Smith & Wesson 6904, and finished the day with a Springfield Armory 1911 in .45 acp (naturally). I worked with her before the range trip and taught her safety rules, sight alignment, trigger squeeze and grip. At the range, she put it all together and was hitting a large bullseye. She even had groups rather than isolated shots all over the paper. It's enough to make an aunt proud.

She's leaving on Thursday, so regular bloggage will resume. Also, Yosemite Sam (Bill) is working on a couple of posts. See you all later.

No comments: