Thursday, January 08, 2009

Manly Guns II

As Josh indicated in comments to my last post, "Crazy Einar" posted a new list of manly guns (at least they're new to me). This one includes the famous M1 Garand as the second most manly gun. The manliest is the Browning M1919A4 belt-fed machine gun. No argument from me on that score.

This new list includes several esoteric guns. I've never heard of the .600 Overkill cartridge. I'd like to shoot one but only if someone's available to re-socket my shoulder joint.

Yosemite Sam and I own five of the guns on the list and, no, we don't own a Browning M1919A4. More's the pity. Once again Crazy Einar has created a very interesting and enjoyable list.

Crazy Einar identified himself this time as Michael Z. Williamson. Knock me over with a feather. I've read his Freehold series of books and enjoyed them immensely. They're good gunnie reads. There are several other books listed in his site's bibliography that I haven't read. I sense an Amazon order in my future.

No comments: