Friday, June 01, 2007

Challenge to a Governor

I was driving to work today listening to the radio, my mind more or less in neutral. I work in Massachusetts and Governor Deval Patrick high-pitched voice came on the radio. It was an ad extolling the state’s business virtues. He was talking to the president of an industrial tool company who praised Massachusetts’ work force, business climate, etc., etc., etc.

Patrick has done other ads with other company including high-tech. I have nothing against the ads. Massachusetts is losing jobs and people to other states where an even better business climate can be found.

I hope he appears with the president of Smith & Wesson. After all, it’s one of the states best known, oldest, and successful companies. C'mon, Governor give Smith & Wesson some airtime.

I’m not holding my breath, not with the state's and Patrick's anti-gun attitudes.

No comments: