Monday, January 17, 2005

A Must Read

I am working on another long post (do I write any other kind?) and took a few minutes to catch up on my daily blogs since I had limited access to a computer last week. This morning I got to Smallest Minority and read an excellent discussion of ballistic fingerprinting. The gun banners are trying to convince states to adopt this technology that they describe as a "common sense" way to solve crimes. Ballistic fingerprinting doesn't work as they advertise and Smallest Minority tells you why and points out that the gun banners are using it as a backdoor to gun registration. Go read this long article, but first pour a fresh cup of coffee, adjust your chair, make sure the boss is not around (or you have your finger on the "boss key"). It is that long but well worth it. It even has pictures!

No comments: